Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"Anybody who looked at those pictures, you're perpetuating a sexual offense," she said. "You should cower with shame." - Jennifer Lawrence

"Anybody who looked at those pictures, you're perpetuating a sexual offense," she said. "You should cower with shame." - Jennifer Lawrence
Men, now would be a good time to choose to stand by women in our fight against rape, sexual assault, and the various other sex crimes. Every single one of you who has piggishly feasted on Jennifer Lawrence's photos or any of the others who suffered this fate ARE ENCOURAGING SEXUAL PREDATORS. By supporting and not condemning you are telling the men who prey on women that it is perfectly acceptable. I have worked hard in the past to focus on encouraging women (and men) to stand together and avoid victim blaming rather than ranting about the offenders. But enough is enough! I know for a fact that quite a lot of men I know have enjoyed the leaked photos, and to you all I can say is I am beyond disgusted- I think enraged is a better word. Most of you consider yourself "good guys" but you're not. Right now your among the lowest of the low scumbags, right there with all the other sexual offenders. I don't give a damn if someone is offended by what I have to say- if you're offended it's because you looked at those pictures. Men it is time to lose the neutrality act: if you're not actively supporting the change from a rape culture to that of a rape free culture, then you're sending a message that these crimes are ok. ‪#‎HeForShe‬

No comments:

Post a Comment